The race starts and finishes in the Strathyre recreation grounds behind the Munro Hotel (Grid Ref NN 563 173)
- Up through the black and yellow park to the bottom FC road, (Grid Ref NN 564 172).
- South along the FC road,over the Tigh An Eas burn then turn east at MacAskill's path, (Grid Ref NN 563 167).
- From MacAskill's path follow the quad track and old peat road south-east to position 4, the first water station (Grid Ref NN 576 156).
- Over the FC road and continue south-east to Tom na Moine. The forest gate onto the open hill. You may pause for just a second to admire the vista over Loch Lubnaig looking towards Laggan Estate. (Grid Ref NN 577 142).
- Turn north-east and follow the FC deer fence past Meall Mor and swing east to the Bealach, (Grid Ref NN 585 160).
From here the runners are looking directly across Glen Ample to the rest of the course and the impending tortuous climb up the west face of Beinn Each. Not quite a Munro but the climb up to the summit at 813m will test anyone.
- Drop into Glen Ample following the old march boundary and top up at the water station. (Grid Ref NN 592 157).
- Carry on east and head up the old iron standard fence line ascending up to the Beinn Each crags. (Grid Ref NN 597 156). Take care on the swing round the corrie.
- Onwards up to the summit of Beinn Each, (Grid Ref NN 602 158). Here, you can get a really impressive look at the Stuc.
- Turn north at the summit and head over the ridge to Bealach nan Caber, (Grid Ref NN 602 164). At this main marshal point 10 the runners numbers are taken on the outward run and again on the return to make sure we get you all back.
- Head north-north-east along the undulating ridge, (Grid Ref NN 604 168).
- Turn east again and drop into Bealach Glas, (Grid Ref NN 606 172)
- Start the climb up the Stuc and catch your breath on the Stuc flats, (Grid Ref NN 612 172).
- Carry on east and reach the Stuc a' Chroin summit, (Grid Ref 617 175).
- Return the way you came back to position 10 where the runners are turned down south-west on the traverse, (Grid Ref NN 595 161).
- Continue south- west back into Glen Ample, (Grid Ref NN 592 157).
- The last climb!!! west out of Glen Ample, back down the way you came to the welcoming crowds and we'll see you at prize giving around 1630 on route to The Inn and Bistro for a well earned pint. Food & drink available.
The race route is well flagged and must be followed. There are marshals positioned at all changes of direction. The cut-off point is at the 'Cross-over' Bealach nan Caber, (Grid Ref NN 602 164). Those not making it to the Cross-over point by 15:00 or 2 hours after the race start should withdraw at this point.
Local Rules in brief
Runners must ensure that the marshals can record the runners number at the crossover point, at the top of Benn Each, and at the Stuc summit.
Mandatory Equipment. Checks are made at Registration to ensure that mandatory equipment for a Cat AL race is held by all runners.
Withdrawing. When a runner withdraws from the race, they should immediately inform the nearest marshal and proceed to finish as directed by the marshal.
No dogs are allowed on the hill.
All runners must be 18 or over on the day of the race