Registration for Stuc a’ Chroin 5000 (4th May 2019)
The race is an amateur event, permitted by Scottish Athletics, run under
British Athletic Rules, and I hereby agree to abide by these rules.
- In the interests of safety, any runner who does not reach the control point at Bealach Nan Cabar, 602163, marked on the route plan by 3pm or 2 hours after the start will be required to withdraw from the race (in adverse weather conditions, this time may be brought forward)
- All runners must be 18 or over on the day of the race (4th May 2019)
- Please note that dogs are not permitted on the hill.
- All Race Retirees must
- a) report to the nearest marshal and declare yourself withdrawn ;
- b) notify a race official when you are safely off the hill ;
- c) NOT go through the finish line
Please complete the entry and payment form below – There is an entry fee of £12.00 for the race which must be paid via PayPal when you register (£2 refundable to Scottish Athletics members at registration on validation of SA membership number). If you have any problems please contact us via the Contact Us Form.
Alternatively, you can download a copy of the Stuc Entry Form _v_2019_1w (Word) and fill it in in preparation for registration on Saturday May 4th
Competitors are reminded that the race is a category AL race and as such, the organisers expect all mandatory equipment to be carried. Competitors will be required to show mandatory equipment at registration, and checks will be made prior to the race. Non-compliant competitors will be invited to withdraw from the race.
For a comprehensive list of FRA rules and recommendations, runners should acquaint themselves with the FRA web site. As of 30th April 2014, the mandatory list comprises the following;
♦ Other body cover appropriate for the weather conditions including, as a minimum, hat and gloves but also other clothing e.g. a fleece
♦ Compass suitable for navigating the course (GPS type equipment is not acceptable)
♦ Emergency food.